Chapter 3 p 11



‘He may not have noticed you before,’ Edward thought to himself, but after I speak to him in a few moments he most certainly will in the future.’ Smiling pleasantly, he responded “No. Thank you, but no. I don’t want to be a pest or a nuisance, as much as I would love to say yes, I shan’t. I really hope that you enjoy the flowers and is your answer for Tuesday available now, or shall I await your call?”

“If you won’t come in, then you can wait for your answer. But I’m glad, in a way, that you aren’t coming in. I do prefer a little advance warning for visitors, you know, so I can wash up the odd cup, shovel a path from the door, sweep the dirty underwear to one side, all the usual single person reasons and so for that reason, I thank you for not accepting my invitation inside.”

Edward smiled and putting aside the knowledge gleaned from his trip to the office, responded as a man who could not have known what he knew would, and asked, “Single?”

“Yes. Single. No current.”

“Right.”

“You have a strange look on your face.”

“Well I did see you with a child.”

Popular posts from this blog