chapter 3 part 2



Geraldine dropped her keys on the kitchen work surface and decided coffee and then a phone call. She spooned grounds into the meshed cup of the percolator, filled it with water, and plugged in. As soon as she heard the bubbling sound she walked through to the lounge, picked up the portable phone and dialled.

“Hi Daddy.”

“Hello Geri. How are you darling, are you all right?”

“Fine Daddy thank you, are you and Mummy in fine fettle?”

“Yes thank dear, your mother is doing some washing at the moment. Gosh dear, this is a terrible line. What can I do for you?”

“Yes it is Daddy; I guess that is why the phone men are outside working. I know it’s a bit of a cheek; I’m after a bit of a favour. I really need you to do a PNC check on someone for me.”

“I see. What sort of check dear, how much do you want to know?

“Oh not the full monty by any means. Just is he known? I just want to know that he is not a bad guy. I don’t want intimate details, if he is on the up, Daddy, I would rather get the full deal from him. But if he’s a baddy, Daddy, I want to know so. I think I also want to be sure that he is not interested in me because of you”

“Well if he were, that would surprise and, actually, worry me a little. You like this man do you darling? How long have you known him?”

“You won’t believe this Daddy; I spoke to him for the first time this morning over, well, breakfast I guess you’d call it.”

Popular posts from this blog